Terms & Conditions
Payment of Deposit
A deposit of £95 to £500 (dependant on tour) per bike per tour should be paid at time of booking. ( if paying by cheque, this should be made payable to Extra Mile Bike Tours and sent to the address specified on the Booking Form.)
The balance is then due 45 days prior to departure date. If you book less than 60 days before the tour departure date, and are lucky enough to still get a space, then the full amount is due at the time of booking. (Except in the case of Sturgis Week Tour where the balance is due on the date specified on tour information)
All bookings are on a first come first serve basis. Receipt of your deposit or full payment secures a place.
Prices are correct at the time of printing, however circumstances beyond our control, eg; Government action, taxes and currency fluctuations, may cause an increase. If such cases arise Extra Mile Bike Tours will absorb amounts equivalent to a maximum of 2% of the tour cost although we reserve the right to pass on surcharges larger than this providing they occur more 90 days before departure. Where a tour states a limited number of bikes/riders we reserve the right to supply additional tour leaders or run simultaneous tours should these numbers increase.
Staged Payments: We will accept Staged payments made by cheque. However, staged payments made by credit card are subject to a handling fee of 3% per transaction. The final staged payment must be made at least 45 days prior to departure date.
You will receive a booking confirmation, along with terms and conditions, the payment schedule for the tour and an invoice. Failure to send prompt payment may result in cancellation of your booking.
All cancellations must be in writing and are subject to the following cancellation charges;
More than 45 days Loss of deposit
45 – 29 days 50%
28 – 14 days 75%
14 days or less 100%
If We Cancel
We reserve the right to cancel any tour -
Seperate terms apply for Sturgis Tour due to hiring of bikes etc.
Means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond normal control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. Such circumstances or events include (but are not limited to) war, or threat of war, riots, civil unrest, industrial dispute, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural disaster, fire and adverse weather conditions. In the event of any of the above refunds or compensation payments cannot be made.
Member Discounts: Member discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer but the member may choose to waive the member discount if any promotional discount or offer is of a greater value.
Promotions: Any promotions whereby a free item is to be awarded such as helmets, gloves, tickets etc then there must be a minimum of four bikes on the tour. We reserve the right to alter and amend qualifying criteria depending on the gift and the tour.
Transfer of Booking
In the event of your having to cancel, you may transfer your booking to another person. However, you will be liable for any administration costs and will be responsible for your nominee paying their monies in full.
a) To advise us of any illness, infirmity, allergies or dietary needs that may affect your touring holiday.
Once the Booking Form has been completed you have agreed the following terms:-
1. We only accept motorcycles which are legal for use on the road, have a registration number plate, a current UK road fund licence and have insurance cover for travel in Europe,covering machine, rider and pillion and have a current UK MOT certificate if appropriate.
2. Each participant is responsible for his or her own motorcycle and the conformity of its use within the local laws.
3. All participants are responsible for any repairs or service required to their motorcycle(s) during the duration of the tour.
4. If for any reason the participant decides to leave the tour before the end he or she will not be refunded.
5. When checking in at Hotels/Campsites a passport or credit card per hotel room/tent pitch will be surrendered at the reception during check in process, which will be returned when any additional extra charges i.e. telephone/mini bar/additional meals/drinks are settled.
6. The motorcycle rider/pillion must be in possession of:-
* A UK full passport is required for all our tours outside UK. Please note that it is the responsibility of the client(s) to be in possession of a valid passport (minimum validity of 6 months after return date).
* A valid UK/European driving license for the type/engine size of motorcycle been ridden during the tour.
* The motorcycle Registration document used for the tour to confirm ownership and place of residence.
* European Roadside Breakdown Assistance and Recovery, for his or her motorcycle which includes repatriation back to UK.
* Personal Travel Insurance covering accident, medical, third party liability, recovery and all repatriation expenses.
* Each eligible participant should carry an EHIC card, available from http://www.e111.org.uk/ to enable a percentage of medical fees incurred in EC countries to be reclaimed.
Extra Mile Bike Tours will make best endeavours to keep to any published route(s) itinerary and events schedule as stated in the supplied Tour Information Pack, but reserve the right to make alterations, if for example it becomes necessary due to adverse weather conditions or items outside our control. Because tour arrangements are made some months in advance, it is possible that occasionally, slight changes to an itinerary may be necessary. Where any such changes are minor the organisers will notify everyone as soon as possible. However, if significant alterations are required, e.g. changes to departure dates, point of departure, final destination, location/quality of the main accommodation, or a major change to the tour itinerary which reduces the quality of the tour, participants are free to continue with the tour with the revised itinerary or accept the offer of an alternative tour of similar value. Alternatively, bookings may be cancelled in return for a full refund.
Extra Mile Bike Tours cannot not be responsible for any unforeseen delays in your ferry crossings either from the UK or return ferry crossing caused by bad weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, in the event of a delay you will be responsible for providing your own meals, accommodation or making alternative travel arrangements.